Portal w trakcie przebudowywania.
Niektóre funkcje są tymczasowo wyłączone, inne mogą nie działać poprawnie.

Research on Szmurło and Michalski Families

5.02.2013 07:15
Hi,

I am doing research on my family tree, particularly on my father's side of the family. I don't know how to start.

My great grandfather's name is Michal/Michael Piotr Szmurło. He was born in Russian Poland on 12 November 1874. He emigrated to America in 1902. He lived in Nanticoke, Pennsylvania, United States, along with his wife, Maryanna or Marianna.

My great grandmother's name is Maryanna or Marianna Michalska (Michalski would be her father's name). She was born in Austrian Poland about 1884 and might have lived in Szysniy. She might emigrated to America in June 1902. She might have taken a ship from Antwerp, Belgium to New York. Her plan may have been to see her uncle, Michal Bernardyn, in Glen Lyon, Pennsylvania.

(I say "might" because I am not sure I am looking at the correct records for Maryanna/Marianna - there is one other record for another Maryanna Michalski who left England for New York around 1903, but she seems less like the correct match.)

My father does not know when his grandparents died -- other than Maryanna supposedly died in the 1920's in Pennsylvania and no one told him how.

My grandfather had several siblings and all of them were born in Pennsylvania and show up on the 1910 census.

This is all know. I would like to find out where my great grandparents came from, and who their parents/ancestors were. I would like to visit Poland someday and see where they lived even if their houses are gone.

Can anyone give me an idea where else to look for information both on the internet and in person?

I have used ancestry.com (US version) a lot and can not find more information about my relatives through that web site.

Thank you,

Jen

TŁUMACZENIE

Witam

Badam moje drzewo genealogiczne, szczególnie ze strony ojca. Nie wiem, jak zacząć.

Mój pradziadek na imię miał Michał / Michael / Piotr Szmurło. Urodził się w rosyjskiej Polsce w dniu 12 listopada 1874 r. Wyemigrował do Ameryki w 1902 roku. Żył w Nanticoke, Pensylwania, Stany Zjednoczone, wraz z żoną, Maryanna lub Marianna.

Moja prababcia na imię Maryanna lub Marianna Michalska (Michalski to nazwisko jej ojca). Urodziła się w Polsce około 1884 r. i może mieszkała w Szysniy. Mogła wyemigrować do Ameryki w czerwcu 1902 roku. Mogła wsiąść na statek z Antwerpii w Belgii do Nowego Jorku. Jej planem mogło być odwiedzenie jej wuja, Michała Bernardyna, w Glen Lyon, Pensylwania.

(Mówię "mogło", bo nie jestem pewien czy to właściwe zapisy dla Maryanny / Marianny - jest jeszcze jeden zapis dla innego Maryanna Michalskiego, który opuścił Anglię i udał się do Nowego Jorku około 1903 roku, ale wydaje się on mniej prawdopodobny. )

Mój ojciec nie wie, kiedy jego dziadkowie zmarli. Rzekomo zmarli w 1920 roku w Pensylwanii, i nikt nie powiedział mu, w jaki sposób.

Mój dziadek miał kilkoro rodzeństwa i wszyscy urodzili się w Pensylwanii. Są pokazani na spisie 1910 roku .

To wszystko co wiem. Chciałbym się dowiedzieć, gdzie skąd moi pradziadkowie pochodzą, kim są ich rodzice i przodkowie. Chciałbym kiedyś odwiedzić Polskę i zobaczyć, gdzie mieszkają, nawet jeśli ich domy zniknęły.

Czy ktoś może dać mi pomysł gdzie jeszcze szukać informacji, zarówno w Internecie, jak i osobiście?

Użyłem ancestry.com (wersja US) dużo i nie można znaleźć więcej informacji o moich krewnych przez tę stronę internetową.

Dziękuję,

Jen

Komentarze (1)

6.02.2013 00:53
Jen,
Russian Poland, Austrian Poland, is insufficient to follow somebody’s ancestry. I was also unable to find Szysniy (the spelling seems to be wrong), or anything similar on the present road map of Poland. The closest names of places are Szyszczyce and Szyszków.
When I searched for my relative in America, his full Polish address was written on the passenger list of the ship he was travelling on from Bremen to New York.
Assuming that you have some experience with ancestry.com I suggest that you find in America, not in Poland, where your ancestors were living before arriving to America. You also need to have the right people and be sure about that. Genealogy search has to be done from the top. You have too little to start your search in Poland or behind the Polish eastern border. Your parents/grandparents, those born in America, had some birth certificates with places of birth and their parents’ names. Start there.
Regards,
Sambor