Portal w trakcie przebudowywania.
Niektóre funkcje są tymczasowo wyłączone, inne mogą nie działać poprawnie.

Matonog family in Sucha Beskidzka

21.05.2014 10:19
Hi,
My wife's father was Rudolph Matonog, born the 3 April 1925 in Susha (now Susha Beskidzka) from Ludwig Matonog and Josepha Mak. The family moved in France as Rudolph was a toddler. That is in essence what we know for sure. One my wife's brothers visited Susha a few years ago and obtained a copy of his father's birth certificate. This was with great difficulty as he doesn't speak Polish. In fact, none of us do.
My wife and myself live in New Zealand. The rest of the family lives in France. We would like to find some help to continue our research remotely.
Are the birth / death / mariage records available online?
Are there any associations / organisations who can help with this research?
Least but not last, what would be your recommendations with regard to making progress with this research?
Regards

Komentarze (8)

21.05.2014 21:53
Hi Herve,

The place where Rudolph (polish Rudolf) was born is Sucha Beskidzka (not Susha) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sucha_Beskidzka
The certificates that are younger than 100 years are all still in the registery office in the town of birth, death, marriage.

Some certificates are available online but not all of them.

You could search on http://szukajwarchiwach.pl/ and http://genealodzy.pl/changelang-eng.phtml - both have english versions.

Sucha Beskidzka is not my region of search so I'm not a big help here

I trnaslate your post to polish - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25238
Maybe some who have interesting you information will read this.

Wish you luck in searching. Let me know if you will need translation from Polish to English.

Regards,
Magda
22.05.2014 01:03
Dear Magda,
Many thanks for the translation, the post in the other forum, your offer to help with more translation, and the links to the other sites. I'll give it a go.
Also, I'll obtain a copy of my father in law's birth record and I'll post it here.
Best regards
Herve
22.05.2014 13:46
Hi Herve,

I'm just thinking if Rudolf parents moved to France they are probably buried there. If so then you can find their years of births. On the grave there should be dates and if not there should be date of death and age of deceased person. We could assume that they were born in Sucha Beskidzka or near it. This will give you next clue how to search.
Best regards,
Magda
27.05.2014 22:39
Hi Magda,

My mother in law found some old documents!
Here we go:

Ludwig MATONOG, Born 4 FEB 1895 in Sucha Beskidzka
Josepha MAK: Born 29 Mar 1901, Sucha Beskidzka
Marriage: 18 Jun 1923, Sucha Beskidzka

Ludwig had a diploma saying he was a master cordwainer (shoemaker).

Best regards
Herve
28.05.2014 10:53
Hi Herve,

I updated the polish post - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25238&p=51007#p51007
Did your mother in law have a marriage certificate for Ludwik and Józefa? If yes there should be mane of their parents.

Best regards,
Magda
5.06.2014 02:37
Hi Magda,
I just received copies of some documents in the (snail) mail yesterday.
Both Ludwig's and Józefa's passports were renewed at the Poland consulate in France, and are not as useful as the originals would have been.
The other documents are written in French, and the spelling of Józefa's parents show alterations.

Note that I will try and spell "Józefa" instead of Josepha now, as it is confirmed by the extract I received from her "Paszport".
On the other hand, Ludwig's "paszport" shows "Ludwig" as the first name. The French equivalent is "Ludovic", therefore we can conclude it is not the result of some kind of French-isation.

Józefa's father was: Ignacy MAK, also written Ignace MAK.
Her mother's first name was Michelina also written Micheline,
As for the last name, it reads differently on different documents from the French administration:
a) Kzezniczak (1983 on Józefa's death certificate)
b) Rezezniciak (on another document dated 1930)
c) Byczenezak (on a work permit issued in 1952).

Another document show that Ludwig and Józefa had two sons: Rudolph (3-4-1925) and Bronislav (23-5-1928).
Both were born in Susha.

That's all we can get at this stage: no marriage certificate and no sources about Ludwig's parents.
Kindest regards
Hervé
23.03.2016 16:23
Hi! I came accross your post when I was searching for my great grandmother's, Aniela (Mak) Sitko, father Ignacy Mak. Aniela's mother was also Michalina so I believe your wife's grandmother Josepha was my great grandmother's sister. That would make your wife and myself cousins.

Here is some info about my great grandmother Aniela. I was wondering if you might be willing to share the documents you have about Ignacy and Michalina,or any info about the family tree.

Name: Aniela Sitko [Aniela Mak]
Race: White
Birth Date: 1 Aug 1899
Birth Place: Sucha, Poland
Father Name: Ignacy Mak
Mother Name: Michalina Rzezniczak
Citizenship or Alien Status: U.S. citizen.
Death Date: 11 Mar 1988

I really do hope you receive this post and we can connect!

Mary Sitko
23.03.2016 16:41
Hello Herve,

I came across your post while researching my great grandmother's parents Ignacy Mak and Michalina Rzezniczak. I appears that your wife's grandmother Josepha and my great grandmother Aniela were sisters. Also, after speaking with my Aunt Donna, she said that she may have met your wife's father Rudolph years ago. I've just started researching my family and I wondering if you would be willing to share any documents about our family memebers as well as any other info. I would truly appreciate it. Below are the details that I do have about my great grandmother.

I really do hope you receive this message and that we can connect. Afterall, your wife and I are distant cousins!

Sincerely,

Mary Sitko

Name: Aniela Sitko [Aniela Mak]
Race: White
Birth Date: 1 Aug 1899
Birth Place: Sucha, Poland
Father Name: Ignacy Mak
Mother Name: Michalina Rzezniczak
Death Date: 11 Mar 1988