Portal w trakcie przebudowywania.
Niektóre funkcje są tymczasowo wyłączone, inne mogą nie działać poprawnie.

Dobrowolski Franz

10.03.2018 22:57
Looking for any information about Franz Dobrowolski, who participated in the Polish January uprising in 1864-65 and was deportee to Siberia.

Thsnk you,
Ekaterina Dobrowolski

Odpowiedzi (4)

12.03.2018 13:14
http://www.genealogia.okiem.pl/powstani ... obrowolski
from Genealogia Polaków
38649 Franciszek Dobrowolski
son of Franciszek conditions of exile unknown
He stayed in Omsk, then in Omsk

https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franciszek_Dobrowolski
from polish Wikipedia
a bit corrected translation from Google
Franciszek Dobrowolski (born on July 20, 1830 in Suchy Pień, parish Gąbin near Płock, died July 11, 1896 in Poznań) - social and political activist, director of the theater, editor of "Dziennik Poznański", correspondent member of the Society of the Polish National Museum in Rapperswil from 1890 [1] .
Grave of F. Dobrowolski - Cemetery of merited Wielkopolanie (Photo)
Curriculum vitae
He came from a family of landowners. He graduated from the high school in Płock, and then the law faculty at the University of Moscow. In 1850 he started working as a judge. He was active in the National Government during the January Uprising, in 1864 he was arrested and imprisoned for several months. After being released for fear of further repression, he went to Dresden for a few years.
In 1871 he settled in Poznań. He became the editor-in-chief of "Dziennik Poznański", in which he actively appeared in defense of Polish culture during the period of intensification of Germanization. From 1883, he was socially the director of the Polish Theater in Poznań and contributed to its development and achieving a high artistic level. He expanded the audience by introducing cheap tickets for some performances (Tuesday). Among hospitable artists during the management of Dobrowolski, she was among others Helena Modrzejewska.
He ran public activities. He was secretary of the Central Election Committee, president of the election committee for the city of Poznań, member of the Industrial Society; he was also a member of the Scientific Aid Society for Girls, Singers' Circle and other organizations. He organized holiday trips of poor urban youth to the homes of rural Polish landowners.
He is buried in the Cemetery of Merited Wielkopolska people in Poznań.

January rising was 1863-1864
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_Uprising

Regards
Małgorzata
12.03.2018 20:22
Thank you for the answer, Małgorzata!
I think there are 2 different persons.
One of them is Franz Dorowolski who was deportee to Siberia (Omsk) and never came back. He was stove-maker. He is my Grand-grandfather.
And another person is Franciszek Dobrowolski, who was social and political activist.

Could you please help me to understand this phrase: "38649 Franciszek Dobrowolski. Son of Franciszek conditions of exile unknown". Does it mean that he had a son with him? Or he was son of a man with name Franciszek?

Thank you,
Ekaterina
13.03.2018 10:30
Ekaterina,
Above I have attached two links on Franciszek Dobrowolski, the texts are in polish, but both photos are the same ones. Just open the links and see.
That was the reason why I was thinking it was the same person.
The answer to your question is that this Franciszek's father was also Franciszek. And he was not in Syberia.

The number is from the link above - I don't know what does it mean.
The reason of his exile is unknown - the person who wrote it didn't know why he was deportee to Syberia.

M.
18.08.2018 19:37
Finally I found info about my great-gradfather on Tobolsk archives. He was born 1846 in Warsaw. After uprising we was sent to Tobolsk for 2 years.

Search is continuing)